Friday, November 13, 2009

Midnight Massage at the Royal Village

"To join our next adventure, please contact ika.gilbert@gmail.com"

Midnight Massage at the Royal Village.October 3, 2009

The security guard at the Royal Village courteously opened the gate for our car to go through. It was close to 10pm. I had left my husband alone in the villa for he needed some rest while I joined my family in the 3-day wedding celebrations at the bride's parents'. Everyone was still at the party when I asked the driver to take me back to the villa. "Tukang pijitnya sudah siap, Ibu," he said. (The masseuse is ready, Maam). I almost forgot that I requested a massage therapy in our villa. It's after 10pm. That means she won't be done till after midnight if the two of us are getting a massage. But they are so used to working at anytime for extra salary. I woke my husband up.

"Do you want to be the first?", I asked.
"First for what?", he said, trying to wake up.
"We are getting a massage tonight".
"What time is it?", he asked.
"It's 10:30".
"Oh my God. It's so late".
"Don't worry. She is ready", I said.
"Why don't you go first"

The masseuse is a tall Javanese woman, about 30 years of age, very strong and rather athletic from working so hard. She and the Butler put some sheets on the cabana to be ready for a massage session. What a perfect night for this. The cool breeze, the smell of an island night, the stars studded sky, the sound of crickets and frogs from the distant rice fields.......
My Husband is lying right next to me.

In the spacious cabana, he was patiently lying right next to me as I was enjoying the fabulous massage. Somewhere during the mid session, I heard him "kerperfling" (a type of snoring..... that soft sound of two lips being pushed out by a breath of air). I dozed in and out checking the time with the masseuse every once in a while. The sound of nocturnals made me think that those creatures were having a party. I told my husband it's almost time for his turn. The masseuse doesn't speak English at all, but somehow she was sensing (or guessing) that my husband's turn is coming soon. She said: "I just want to let you know that I won't have time to give your husband a massage." It shocked me that I jumped out of the sheets. This massage therapy request was for him, not for me. I could care less if I don't get a massage. I should have let him first instead of me. Confused, I asked her "Didn't the driver tell you that it's for 2 people?".

She said: "I have another appointment after you."
"Yes. That appointment is still one of us," I said.
"No. It's at another place," she said.

At this time, I had translated the communication for my husband. As you can imagine how disappointed he was. But he simply said: Oh..... Adventurika ! Adventurika!

No comments: