Sunday, January 3, 2016

2nd Trip to Komodo Island - July 2014

July 2014

It was such an amazing experience to see the giant lizards and the islands around Flores that I had to take my husband, Mitch to the islands this time. Besides, I want to introduce to Mitch my newly adopted family whom I found by accident from my previous trip. We flew from the island of Bali on Wings Air to Labuan Bajo, Flores. Checked in the Bintang Resort and contacted Christian and Doddy, the tour guide and boat crew that I met during my first trip to Komodo island. I had announced to Christian that I was coming with Mitch and that Mitch and I would like to take his wife and children for a boat trip for the day to a nearby island before Mitch and I took the long boat trip to dive around Komodo island.

Christian's family lives in Ruteng, a town about 7 hours drive by car from Labuan Bajo. I had developed a good relationship with the family and have been staying in touch since March 2014. Christian only gets to meet his wife and children once every 3 months because of distance and financial reasons. His family had never been to Labuan Bajo where Christian works, so Mitch and I decided to invite them to join us for a family mini vacation while we are visiting Flores and Komodo. We chartered a small boat for the 7 of us plus 2 other boat crew members. Christian and Doddy had prepared a picnic basket for lunch. The small island that we achored the boat on was quiet. There was nobody else on the island but us. The lunch was delightful.


No comments: