Monday, March 5, 2012

"Our Children"

Rocklin, California.
Summer 2011.

Some people are blessed with their own children, but there are some who go out of their way to adopt children, and successfully so. At this age in our life, I've come to realize that there is no difference in loving children.... whether they are our own or not.

We are very fortunate to have so many friends who share their children with us. This summer of 2011, with the generousity of our friends Ed and Marini Ballard, we put together a weekend getaway to Lake Tahoe. Then a boating day on Folsom Lake. I've come to "adopt by heart" our friends' children, some of who are now in their 20s. Andre, Randy, Arthur, Cameron, Christopher to name a few... we love entertaining them for they are so much fun to have around. They adore my cooking. Especially Randy, who jokingly is named "the vacuum cleaner" because he really can "clean our table" with his big appetite.

I am not sure sometimes who is entertaining who... I can't say I entertain them when I am having so much fun having them.

No comments: