Friday, September 18, 2009

Cheapest Airfare on Singapore Airlines, Ever !

Wow ! You've got to read this one.
I've just received some updates from one of our trip participants, Marini. A couple of days ago, she got her airline tickets through Singapore Airlines, from San Francisco to Jakarta, round trip, for just $461.... the lowest I have ever seen in the past 27 years. All the more reasons to GO ARCHIPELAGO !

Expedia.com....oops !
Where I typically would save money buying airline tickets and hotels through them, today I found out just the opposite. I had purchased airline tickets from Jakarta to Manado (3.5 hours of flight) through Expedia.com. The price was $473 round trip, on Garuda Indonesia . Then an hour later, I recalled that it wasn't the price I saw on the airlines website. Immediately I called up the airlines, and spoke in Bahasa Indonesia to the agent, I got 50% discount. I called Expedia.com on the phone and explained what happened. With no fuzz, no argument, they cancelled my itinerary and promised me a full refund; will be credited back to my credit card account within 5 business days. It may just be the timing that I got lucky. But still, not a bad idea for anyone to learn to speak bahasa Indonesia. Afterall, Indonesia is now the fourth largest country in the world, right behind the United States.

Another participant to the trip just came on board our group, Rod from Pasadena will be taking photographs of my nephew's traditional Javanese wedding for his project. To see Rod's work, visit his website: http://www.rsphoto.com/

2 comments:

frugalflyer said...

Wow! That's an amazing airfare to Jakarta from San Francisco! Where did your friend get such a fare? The cheapest airfare I could find online for early October travel for that routing was around $790.

Unknown said...

I always knew that I would like to see Indonesia, but now that I have read about your upcoming trip I am even more tempted to buy that ticket.

Adventurelover